An XR UK Community
We're a friendly, open community, primarily focused on the
Extinction Rebellion, and its UK arm in particular, but
also generally talking about how we might improve the world, for
those in our local communities and beyond.
Note that while we are represented on Mattermost, this community
is separate, as an outreach effort beyond it.
Code of Conduct
Diversity is a great strength of any community, and our XR one
is no exception to this. However, it can also lead to communication
issues and unhappiness. To that end, we have a few ground rules
that we ask people to adhere to:
- Be friendly and patient.
- Be welcoming.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. We are a community of
professionals, and we conduct ourselves professionally. Be kind to
others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment
and other exclusionary behaviour aren't acceptable. This includes,
but is not limited to:
- Violent threats or language directed against another
- Discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting (or threatening to post) other people's personally
identifying information ("doxing").
- Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Repeated harassment of others. In general, if someone asks you
to stop, then stop.
- When we disagree, try to understand why.
- We care about accessibility. Please try to be
- We are an evidence-based community. We aim for Show, Don't
If you have questions, some of these concepts are elaborated on
in the CoC for a sister
community I run; or, as always, please feel free to contact
Last modified: Thu 24 Mar 11:13:32 BST 2022